Once again, it is time for a Foodie Penpals reveal day. This month I received my box from a reader, Julie Mellin. I told her that I wanted to try some of her favorite foods, so I was really excited to see what was in the box.
Before we get to the good stuff, check out this information about the Foodie Penpals program from Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
In my box:
1. Caramel… I havn’t tried it but I’m on the lookout for a good recipe to use it in. Any suggestions?
2.Food should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips- I love, love, love these chips.
3.Granola from a local farmer’s market- I have been quickly making my way through this bag.
4. Roasted Peanuts that Julie got on a recent trip- These are great!
5. Milk chocolates filled with hazelnut cream and caramelized pecans- Can’t wait to dig into these.
6. KIND Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bar- Love these!
Thank you so much Julie for another great month of Foodie Penpals.
If you want to check out who I sent my box to, go see Gina over at The Runivore!