Welcome to Tuesday! How was the rest of everyone’s weekend, and their Monday? Mine have been full of more mashed foods, and long naps. I’ll be honest, I sure thought I would be back to work by today, and able to get in a light workout. However, that is not the case. I still can’t eat anything more that mush or liquid, and workouts are definitely not happening. Unfortunately, the pain just now started to set in and I have no energy, but I’m not going to be all down about it. I’m going to take this extra time to rest and restore my energy since I never get the chance otherwise.
Now onto a new recipe for you all. I’m sure ya’ll are not interested in the pictures of what I have been living on for the past few days, so let me share this delicious dinner with you.
Turkey Taco Chili:
Originally adapted from Weight Watchers
– 1.5 lbs. ground turkey
– 15 oz. Stewed tomatoes
– 28 oz. Ro-tel
– 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
-1 pkg. taco seasoning
– 1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
– 15 oz. each chili beans, pinto beans, and corn
– salt and pepper, to taste
1. Brown turkey in a large skillet. Add in chopped onion, taco seasoning, and ranch mix. Add salt & pepper to taste.
2. Combine meat mixture and all other ingredients in Crock-pot, and allow to simmer on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Top chili with sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, and salsa if desired.
There you go! Easy as that, and this stuff is amazingly good! As soon as my mouth is healed up, I’ll be making this for dinner!
I’ve gotta runand get some school work done, but I’ll chat with you later!
I want to know:
If you have a full day to rest, what is your favorite thing to do that you wouldn’t normally have time to do?